What is Step Aerobics
Aerobic step classes are a fun way to increase your endurance and burn fat. It’s a fantastic workout for any adult. Simply put, it’s a cardio exercise routine that doesn’t involve moving large muscles continuously for extended periods.
We recommend joining a Step class. It is a high-intensity aerobic workout that uses steps or platforms instead of traditional cardio machines. Steps are typically set on an adjustable height so that you can change the difficulty level.
This means it’s harder than aerobic exercises like jogging, jumping rope, or even running upstairs. However, when done correctly, these exercises can have a massive impact on your body by burning fat and toning your muscles in ways other forms of aerobic exercise can’t.
You can take a step class in a group or one-on-one with a personal trainer. For people who are unable to do high-impact exercises like running because of joint problems or other reasons, step classes will be a perfect pick as they will help them build endurance.
Why Should You Take Aerobics Step Class?
Step class is not just for teens or young adults anymore; professional athletes use step classes to train and maintain their fitness. Here are three reasons why taking a step class could help you achieve your fitness goals.
Step class provides an enjoyable change of pace from traditional cardio machines and allows you to mix things up in your routine, so you don’t get bored.
You can perform this exercise at your desired level of intensity. You can customize the number of repetitions and sets to reach your personal goals.
If you have joint pain, injury, disability, or any other limitation, you will find this exercise more comfortable than most traditional exercises. You can move at your own pace and do whatever feels best for your body without worrying about weight-bearing movements like running or using heavy weights in a gym setting.
Benefits of Step Aerobics
Aerobic step classes can benefit you in many ways, such as:
- – An aerobic step class can elevate your mood and make you happy by increasing the endorphin levels in your body.
- – An aero step class will significantly improve your cardiovascular health.
- – The routine mainly targets and strengthens muscle groups in the legs and core.
- – Aero step classes will help you enhance body flexibility, balance, posture, mobility, and more.
- – It will also help you meet new individuals and create a community of like-minded people.
Step class is a great way to get in shape, provided you have the right instructor and enough time to commit to it. But truth be told, if you want to see results quickly, there are better alternatives. Heavier workouts or those that focus on specific parts of the body will give you a better outcome in less time than high-intensity aerobic workouts like step class.
Can Aero Step Class Help You Lose Weight?
Aerobic step classes should be the go-to workout for people looking to lose weight. What makes them an excellent way to burn calories and fat is their ability to increase your heart rate while working multiple muscle groups simultaneously.
You would be working your lower body with every step you take and your core muscles, upper back muscles, and even your arms when you use the hand bars for support. Additionally, since aerobic step classes are high-intensity workouts that require a lot of movement, you will be burning more calories than you would on a typical work day.
Step Class Routines
One of the first things you’ll notice about step class is that it’s pretty high-intensity. A typical step routine includes a warm-up followed by a rigorous workout.
The warm-up, which should ideally be a low-impact cardio routine or other stretches, will loosen your muscles, increase your heart rate and prepare your muscles for the actual workout.
The second part of the workout is where you start to sweat! You will climb stairs or use steps with changing intensity levels to keep things interesting. It works your glutes, abs, legs, and arms in a way that will leave you feeling fulfilled — and sore in all the right places!
Some Tips For Your First Aero Step Class
If you’re heading to an aerobic step class for the first time, here are some pointers to keep in mind to make sure you’re safe and enjoy yourself to the fullest:
- – First and foremost, make sure your shoes are comfortable! If they don’t give your feet enough support or you feel like they might slip off, it’s best to wear a different pair of shoes.
- – Take a few minutes before the class starts to stretch.
- – Bring a water bottle to help you stay hydrated during the workout.
- – Make sure your clothing is loose enough to provide comfort and allow ease of movement (some people choose to bring form-fitting clothes that will work better for their body type).
- – Be mindful of any injuries or soreness you may be experiencing before starting the class. In most cases, it is best to avoid exercising if you experience an injury like a sprain, spasm, cramp, etc.
Aerobics Step Classes in UAE
Joining a step class is a great way to lose weight and stay in shape. Are you ready to commit to consistent efforts? You can enroll in any of the following fitness studios in the UAE that offer step classes by experienced and certified instructors. Make sure you choose a class that’s in your vicinity.