What is Vinyasa Yoga?
Vinyasa Yoga, also popularly known as Flow Yoga, is a creative approach to yoga where the shift of poses happens seamlessly with a flow in sequence and the use of breath. The poses are linked and connected with the alignment of breath, striking a balance between mind and body.
Vinyasa yoga involves changing poses at the teacher’s discretion, who might cue the postures according to the theme of chakras or bandhas. With every class, the poses and sequence might change. Generally, inhalation is advised in open and upwards movements, while exhalation happens in downward movements. The cardiovascular system is stimulated in the body generating energy.
Also, heat, dynamism, and vigor are added to the practice, giving a feeling of completeness to the practitioners.
Benefits of Vinyasa Yoga
Vinyasa Yoga emphasizes breathing and variation of postures, creating a sequence that might be more intensive than Hatha Yoga. It’s an excellent exercise for anyone who wants to develop a sense of balance and calmness.
- – It strengthens the body and improves flexibility, increasing overall energy levels.
- – Due to regular inhalation and exhalation, the mind remains calm and focus is improved.
- – There is an improvement in heart health due to cardiovascular movements in the body.
- – It’s popularly referred to as Moving Meditation as it reduces stress and boosts mood.
- – Whole-body image is improved because of specific postures. Plus, a lot of people are successful in healing their physical injuries or curing diseases.
Vinyasa Yoga Classes in UAE
There are several Vinyasa Yoga classes in the UAE that are handled by trained Yoga practitioners.