What is Karate?
Karate is a martial arts technique that developed in Eastern Asia more than 1000 years ago, initially as monastery training and then as a defensive tactic employed by Chinese peasants against armed robbers. In the Japanese island of Okinawa, it grew into a highly developed art form around the 17th century.
Funakoshi Gichin, an Okinawan, introduced karate to the Japanese public in 1922, and the art is now primarily linked with Japan. After WWII, it was imported to the United States, where it is taught in many forms, including Korean (tae kwon do) and Chinese varieties.
Karate can be practiced in a dojo, which is a karate-training hall or gym. Karate can also be performed at a karate studio, a YMCA, or a Gym.
Equipment needed when playing include a karate uniform, which is a pajama-like garment called a gi, and a belt knotted around the waist according to which level you are in (white, orange, green, red, and black).
Benefits of Karate
- Karate promotes physical fitness by strengthening muscles and instilling mental discipline. Exhalation and abrupt shouts accompany the guided punches, thus deepening breathing, and enhancing the body’s cardiovascular endurance.
- The martial art boosts self-confidence and gears up an individual for self-defense. Instructors in karate classes provide constant encouragement and feedback, which, when combined, helps trainees develop self-confidence and establish proper self-defense techniques.
- Karate courses are based on a belt system with higher belts indicating greater proficiency. As children advance through the belt levels, they become leaders for lower-level pupils, often aiding with coaching and providing support. Through this, enhanced leadership skills are an additional benefit.
- It enhances character. In Karate, trainees must demonstrate their abilities in order to proceed to the next level. Wearing higher-level belts necessitates demonstrating proper technique, which can only be accomplished via persistent effort and dedication to the discipline.
- Continuous repetition of diverse moves are conducted in order to develop skill perfection. In karate sessions, trainees learn that the only way to advance is to punch or kick with proper technique and that feats like these can only be accomplished by self-disciplined effort. In short, it develops their self-discipline.
Can anyone do Karate?
Kids and teenagers are frequently involved with karate courses. Adult karate classes, on the other hand, are becoming increasingly popular. Your only constraints are the ones you choose for yourself. Anyone who wants to learn can!
It is never too late to learn karate. There are no age requirements, and there are just a few physical restrictions. Karate classes can actually help you grow and overcome some of the restrictions that come with age or physical condition.
Karate Classes in UAE
Many karate clubs may be found around the UAE. However, if you’re looking for the perfect venue to start your Karate training, findyourgym.ae has listed all the places to practice karate in the UAE! It’s even easier to find a convenient place to have your karate classes as studios are listed per emirate!
We’ll help you find the most comfortable location for your training! We make the thrilling Martial Art of Karate accessible to anyone!
Browse through the given locations now!