What is Spinning
If you’ve been hanging around the gym and health and fitness scene long enough, you will know that things are constantly evolving; it seems like a new trend is emerging almost every day.
Have you heard of spinning classes? While they aren’t a new concept per se, they have gained massive popularity recently.
A spinning class is a cardiovascular exercise focused on a stationary bike. This workout asks you to ride the bike for a long time and produce as many revolutions as possible.
The instructor will usually play music as you cycle to keep you motivated and push through those challenging moments. Spinning classes are typically offered by personal trainers at gyms or can be purchased as an independent gym membership package.
When taking a spinning class with your trainer, it’s best to prepare beforehand by drinking plenty of water and stretching out. Regarding how much time you should spend at the gym, most cycling classes range from 30 minutes to an hour.
Benefits of A Spinning Class
A spinning class can offer you multiple benefits, including:
It’s Easy On The Joints
Unlike many other high-intensity metabolic workouts, spinning doesn’t put much pressure on your knees, hips, and ankles. The spinning bike puts you in a sitting position, which is much easier for your joints than standing or lying down.
Spinning is a form of aerobic exercise, which means it causes your body to release endorphins. These hormones make you feel happy, relaxed, and less stressed. Consistent cardio training causes your body to release these endorphins regularly, which can help you manage stress much better.
Spinning is an intense cardio workout that can help you burn between 300 and 500 calories per hour, depending on your weight. Combining this with a healthy diet can show noticeable weight loss results within just a couple of weeks. The more consistent you are with spinning classes, the more calories you’ll burn on average.
If you are new to spinning classes, you won’t be able to lift hefty weights or do a bunch of push-ups. However, as you progress, your strength will increase. This is because spinning is a whole-body workout. You engage your core and other major muscle groups as you change your pedaling speed and resistance to stay in sync with the music.
Strengthens Your Core
Spinning is most effective at strengthening the core when it is done on the floor. When spinning, you should be lying on the floor with your legs propped up on the bike. This position is excellent for strengthening your core.
Is a Spinning Studio Better Than a Gym?
Spinning classes are a type of workout that combines cardiovascular exercise with strength training. They’re often a cross between cycling and old-school aerobics. So, does that make spinning classes better than a traditional gym?
- – First, you don’t have to spend much money on equipment. You can just show up at a spinning class at the fitness center and use the stationary bikes they offer.
- – Spinning classes are usually more social than other workouts — it’s not uncommon for people to talk or even flirt while working out.
- – Finally, spinning classes offer some great opportunities for motivation as well. You will see how much progress you’re making in terms of distance covered, calories burned, and basically any other metric that takes your fancy.
However, it will be better if you join a gym over a spinning class when it comes to burning calories, putting on lean muscles, workout intensity, and efficiency.
Tips for Spinning Class
There are a few things to keep in mind if you’re new to spinning classes and want to give one a try:
- – The first tip would be to ensure you come with plenty of water. Spinning classes are intense, and you’ll find that your sweat output is through the roof. If you don’t drink enough water, your performance in the class will suffer since you will find yourself dehydrated.
- – You should also prepare yourself for pain. Sure, spinning looks fun from the outside, but once you get on the bike and start pedaling, it will
- – Be sure to stretch out before taking a spinning class. This will help prevent muscle soreness later on.
- – Get enough sleep and follow a healthy diet plan to make the most of your spinning session.
- – Wear the right shoes that hug your feet and give you a firm grip on the paddles. If you wear loose shoes, chances are your feet will slip while paddling, and you’ll be injured.
- – Finally, always wear comfortable clothes when taking a spin class. You have no idea how much time you will spend in the saddle, so dress accordingly!
Spinning Classes in UAE
A spinning class can be a fun yet effective way to lose weight and stay in shape in UAE. Moreover, that’s the very reason why spinning has gained so much popularity in UAE in the past few years. It is, therefore, effortless to find a spinning class offered by experienced instructors in cities like Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, and most parts of the UAE.