A new weight loss challenge has been announced by RAK Hospital and the Ministry of Health and Prevention, offering a cash prize of AED50,000 for the individual who loses the most weight in eight weeks. The “Biggest Weight Loser Challenge” challenge begins on January 20th and runs until March 22nd.
Challenge Details And Registration
Participants can register for the challenge through the online RAK Hospital registration link, which opened on January 12th and will close on January 22nd. Walk-in registrations can also be done at RAK Hospital from January 20th to 22nd, and registration is free for both online and walk-ins.
Prize Structure And Winner Criteria
The winner of the challenge will be eligible to win AED300 for every kilogram lost, AED200 for every kilogram lost for second place, and AED100 per kilogram for third place. In the case of a tie, the percentage of weight loss will be the deciding factor.
Separate prizes will also be awarded to the participants with the best percentage of weight lost, and the top 10 participants other than the first, second, and third place will also win vouchers. Additionally, the top 100 participants will receive certificates.
Objectives Of The Challenge
The objectives of the biggest weight loser challenge, as listed by the official website, are listed below:
- » To improve the quality of life of an individual/community/society by promoting the national agenda of quality health and quality healthcare.
- » Joining hands with health authorities (MOH-Preventive Medicine) to implement comprehensive lifestyle medicine and chronic disease management programs.
- » For RAK Hospital to provide a comprehensive one-stop health solution, from Illness to Wellness.
- » To support the community with necessary information and education for the better management of weight and better health.
Eligibility For Participants
To be eligible for the challenge, participants must be adult UAE residents, 18 years and above, and both male and female participants are eligible. Medical or surgical weight loss is not allowed in this contest and will result in disqualification. Participants who have been recently hospitalized in the last three months and are currently on medication are advised to consult their physicians before participation. The participant must provide medical clearance/medical consent. Employees must produce their ID cards when required for the Corporate Team Challenge.
Previous Year's Winner
Last year, a Sharjah resident won AED18,000 in the RAK Biggest Weight Loser Challenge. It was calculated based on AED500 per kilogram lost. By promoting a healthy lifestyle and encouraging individuals to take control of their weight, the challenge aims to improve the overall health of the community and society.
If you have planned for a healthy lifestyle, Findyourgym.ae can help you find the best gyms to improve your health and lifestyle; choose the Gym near me option.
Guidelines For Participants
It’s worth mentioning that there are some rules that participants should be aware of during the challenge, such as:
- » Participants should not use any drugs or medications that can help them lose weight.
- » Participants are responsible for any health risks they may encounter during the challenge.
- » Participants should follow the instructions and guidelines given by RAK hospital and the Ministry of Health and Prevention.
- » Participants should also follow the instructions given by their physicians if they have any health conditions.
- » Participants should be honest about their weight and measurements throughout the challenge.
The challenge is an excellent opportunity for UAE residents to take control of their health and potentially win a cash prize for their efforts.
Share this post
Share this post
Other posts about Fitness
Best Gyms in Al Sabkha
Complete guide that lists the best gyms in Al Sabkha Dubai in 2022 – Find out all information you need: Hours, Facilities, Prices and more.
Best Gyms in International City
Complete guide that lists the best gyms in International City Dubai in 2022 – Find out all information you need: Hours, Facilities, Prices and more.
Studio 14 Dubai
Studio 14 provides intimate classes and caters to individuals of all fitness levels and goals with an eco-friendly environment.